So I finally did it. Okay, I probably should explain what "it" is. Over the past several months the Sadist has been trying to get me to do various types of push-ups. Every time I need to lift one arm off the floor, I would freeze up or if I didn't freeze up, I fell over. Somehow, someway, I managed to not only do the pushup, but also then do a row in pushup position with a 10lb weight. I'm still a little shocked by that. I was also able to do pushup to Ts.
Of course this wasn't all we did Friday. We did squat presses, then the pushup rows, followed by squat front raises then t-pushups, and finally repeated the whole process. As we came down to the last of the push-ups, my arms were feeling like jelly. On my last push up, I told him if I went down I was not coming back up no way, no how. The Sadist said yes I was and then proceeded to hold me at my waist to make sure I came back up. After all of this one would think, my arms were done. Apparently the Sadist didn't get the memo and we proceeded to do bicep curls (done as 21 - I'll have to explain that sometime) and even more shoulder presses also done as 21.
The coup de grace was when the twit tricked me into a longer than expected plank. A minute he says and a minute I expected. I'm pretty confident that I can do a minute long plank. It isn't pretty, but I can do it. As time ticked on the plank became more painful and hard to hold but he kept telling me only a few more seconds and that never seemed to end. I now know why. He used my stubbornness to trick me into holding the plank for a minute 26 (1.26). When I finally collapsed, I was initially annoyed because I thought I hadn't made it but then I was annoyed because he tricked me. He was all proud of himself and, well okay, of me too. I called him a little shit, but if truth be known, I was proud too. After that, I was pretty much done but I felt pretty damn good at the same time.
Today, I went out for a walk and managed some short sprints that went pretty well. I even found a new place to walk nearby that I've been looking for but hadn't quite gone far enough to locate. I walked for 60 minutes and 3.17 miles. It was a great day for the walk and I am looking forward to exploring more of Herring Run Park tomorrow as I take my Sunday walk. Time to head off to see the Ravens take on the Broncos. The only thing that would make this week even better is to see the Broncos go down in flames.
UPDATE!! -- The week did indeed get better with the Ravens taking down the Broncos in double OT. What an unbelievable game!!! LET'S GO RAVENS!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment