Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Exercise & the Snow



Before I started shoveling.

As I was shoveling the snow from my front walks and driveway, I kept hearing what sounded like the  Sadist whispering in my ear "You aren't done yet".  I swear even when he isn't around he is around. Although I took a break between the front walks and the driveway, I got it all done.  It seemed like every time I thought about giving up and going inside, I had this nagging voice in my head telling me I could do it.  As usual he was right, but that didn't make it any less annoying.  At least I can honestly say I got my workout for the day.  I'll even begrudgingly admit that all the working out with the Sadist did help in today's endeavor.



Tuesday night he had me working on my arms.  It's a good thing the snow didn't come earlier than today.  I'm not sure I would have been able to pick up the shovel let alone use it.  I do believe he gets a certain amount of pleasure in seeing me in pain.  The best exercise we did that night was the one with me balancing on one leg while pulling a weight across my body.  Once I stopped laughing at the absurd notion of me not falling over while trying to balance on one leg, I got down to work.  Luckily, I had something grab on to while doing the exercise so when, not if, I started to fall, I didn’t go too far.  Somehow I managed to do it, no thanks to him, with his uneven counting.  Did I mention I had to move the weight for a certain amount of counts, which he was counting? Well, I did which was okay until he decided to take a drink or two during the middle of the count.  Remind me why I do this again. 



After all my shoveling.
I am going to thoroughly enjoy my no torture Friday.  The Sadist took it off and if he is off, I’m off too.  I’ve been good about running on the weekends and even yesterday I did an extra two mile walk when the Red line broke down.  That was another reason I was happy the snow hadn’t started yet. I think I've done my good deed of exercise this week.



This weekend is looking iffy for running, but I’ll be back in the gym on Tuesday.  Plus there seems to be more snow falling right now and someone is going to have to shovel that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment