Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Breaking the Plateau

For the past two years I have been stuck at one weight.  It would fluctuate within a 1 to 2 pound.  Recently, however, I started to gain weight. I'm thinking Disney and their food plan didn't help.  There was tons of food, plus you got a dessert with everything.  I don't seek out desserts, but if someone is going to give me one, I won't say no.

Recently my doctor told me I needed to lose weight and that I should exercise more. Hmmm, exercise more? What more could I do? I reviewed my current regime and she agreed I had the exercise covered. It is was now time to address my nutrition.  For the most part I eat a relatively balanced diet with very little junk food, except for one thing. I am addicted to Coca Cola and it isn't the diet version either. 

I haven't been missing the Coke for the caffeine; I just miss the taste. However, I know if I have just one I'm back in the same place I was before. It is apparently my drug of choice. Wonder if they have a 12-step program for it? I need to avoid all sodas otherwise I go toppling off that wagon.   

So having cut out the soda and watching my diet I am now back to my plateau weight. The question is can I get past it?  Will I finally achieve the goal and break that so far unbreakable plateau? I guess only time will tell, but I'm really hoping I do.  I am not looking to be a size 2, I want get my BP and cholesterol under control and if I look and feel  better that will be a fabulous bonus. I know I'll never be the same as I was when I was 20 and to be honest I don't want to.  I just want to feel and be healthy. Is that too much to ask?


No comments:

Post a Comment