Pages

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving Blessings

In the tradition of the holiday season I thought I would jot down a few of the things I am thankful for.  I know I have visited this theme in the past, but it never hurts to remind one self of all the blessings you have.  So in no particular order, here is this year's things I am thankful for, the fitness version.

  1. The friends I have made over the past almost 2 years since I have started running.  I have rekindled old friendships as well as began new ones.  If it weren't for these wonderful people, I know I wouldn't be where I am. 
  2. The Sadist.  I may whine and complain about him each week, but in-spite of all that he has continued to believe in me when I haven't.  He can also make me laugh when I feel as though I have nothing to laugh about and finally he has helped me to find my balance in so many ways.
  3. Pop.  He has supported me (and pushed and nagged) in so many ways especially when I was ready to quit. He can be annoying that way.
  4. Races.  They keep me going when I would rather stay home curled up on my corner of the couch.  They give me an ongoing goal that 
  5. The finish line.  I'm surprised that anyone still wants to run with me after listening to my ongoing whine.  (Thank you everyone for putting up with me.)  I have yet to find the "joy" in running, but I have definitely found the "joy" in finishing.  Crossing the finish line gives me a feeling of accomplishment I hadn't felt in so long.   It makes running just a little more bearable.
  6. Sore muscles. I have spent hours cursing the Sadist for each of those sore muscles, but those sore muscles remind me that I am still kicking and doing quite well  Of course, I won't be telling him that.  He may find more muscles that I didn't know I had.
  7. Balance.  When I started this quest, my balance was not the best.  I found it hard to ride a stationary bike without toppling off.  Now I'm a master at that stationary bike.  Maybe in 2015 I'll try out my mountain bike and see how I do.
2014 has been a very good year so far and I am looking forward to seeing what the future brings.  I have one more race and I'll be done for the year.  I've already been signing up for 2015 and one of those races will be a 1/2 marathon (smh).   


No comments:

Post a Comment