In 2013, I was ready to drop and just about did when I crossed the finish line. Fast forward to today and I was able to sail across that line and then turn around and watch the others. I didn't get to kick in my afterburners thanks to that little hiccup, but that didn't diminish my accomplishments. It was all good even if it was cold.
I have come to the end my second year of running. In the past 12 months I ran 16 races for a total of approximately 73 miles. The goal I set for 2014 was to finish a 10k, which was originally the Bay Bridge Run. Somehow I got talked into running a 10k in February, a lot sooner than the Bay run which was in November. Not only did I meet that goal, I exceeded it when I ran the 10 miler in October. Now it looks like I'm going to have to set another goal, so I guess it is time to up my distance to a 1/2 marathon.
Although my races are done for the year, I still have to contend with Sadist. He has kicked my butt the past couple of torture sessions and I do believe he takes a great deal of pleasure in it. He always has that self satisfied smile as I walk, or in most cases limp, out the door. One of these days I'm going to kick his butt right back, but until then I'll just drive him nuts.

So which half are we doing? :)
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking the Frederick 1/2 in May.
Delete